Merge with other pr...

Notifications
Clear all

Merge with other projects into 1 large vanilla wow project

RonaldoR9
(@ronaldor9)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Several vanilla servers are emerging and that will just split the playerbase and cause population issues. Having several projects running the same game version is pointless and just divides the community. 

I suggest that darrowshire merges with other vanilla projects and join teams to form one big team managing one server for all vanilla players. It's better this way and ensures a server with higher pop.

And it is a good chance to do this early and now as most servers are still in early development phase. some other well-known servers are already progressed I think, such as elysium, nostalgeek and kronos. See if you can get into an agreement with these servers as well as the other private servers out there that are early in development like excelsior, hyjal and kalidar. you can also contact the nostalrius staff, too or look for new people that have plans to start a new vanilla project. Just any staff or team that are interested in running a blizzlike vanilla server.

you can contact these teams and just present your plans, features and timelines and see what you agree on, i believe most of these private server have a lot in common and have similar features and goals. send an open letter to all of them and suggest the idea of a merger into 1 large vanilla server. you can rebrand into a new project with a unique name and promote it on social media. maybe many people will also like the idea of a large vanilla team that merged into one planning to bring the next big fresh vanilla.

i think this is a very good and i ask you to take this matter into consideration. it be can be done if you have the intention.

There is only ONE Ronaldo
rsz-1rsz-1rsz-r9

Endless
(@endless)

It's sounds very good on paper, but reality might be very different and it might cause a lot of issues. Maybe different developers want to achieve different goals. Someone need money, someone is driven by enthusiasm. Just a short example that in theory can already cost a lot of troubles. Thinking about it instantly gives me a ptsd from the old days. 3 times a day something was happening in classic community, somebody sold gold, gear, his mom, something else. This kind of drama is the last thing, that classic need.  The idea is great overall, and divided community is a huge trouble on pservers, but maybe advertisement are more prior in this case? I'd like to suggest to GM's to keep their spines straight, reputation clean and be honest.

ReplyQuote
RonaldoR9
(@ronaldor9)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

what plans does darrowshire have now that many vanilla server are available and maybe more will appear in the future?

if it wants to get the most players it has to advertise starting now. starting advertising early in the development phase and grabbing the interest of many vanilla players from the start is betting than advertising a few days before launch. 

they have to promote their server on social media like twitter and facebook and post regular updates regarding development. alot better than just depending on discord for communication.

rsz-1rsz-1rsz-r9

ReplyQuote
RonaldoR9
(@ronaldor9)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I see a potential merger with darrowshire. they are the best option so far. same vanilla same features. try to communicate and see what you can do. this is good for the vanilla community and an announcement about a merge of teams and servers into 1 team/server will encourage even more players to come and play and gather all players under 1 large server to avoid a population issue in the future. try it. Nostalrius had 30 volunteers running the server and they were very successful.

This post was modified 2 months ago by RonaldoR9

rsz-1rsz-1rsz-r9

ReplyQuote
Hecleas
(@hecleas)

I totally agree with what you are saying.

But to speak of Hyjal, they have too much ego to stop, even if reality shows them that the players have fled the server due to the lack of management, decision and stability.

A merger of the team will be good for our community which would be reunited, but we hope that they are not obstinate on their idea of ​​implanting the old characters of their server, because in this case no new player will want to come.

And who says fusion, says that the staff of Darrowshire will have to share the ideas of decision with Hyjal who as they could show it, are very little lucid in terms of good choice.

So it's still a sweet dream that could solve our problems or even fulfill the desire we all have.
Having only one is the same server that is stable, reliable and where you will stay there.

Hyjal still has to admit the reality and accept this kind of project.
The same goes for the other small servers with 0-50 pop blizzlike rates x1, no shop which are dead servers, they too will have to accept and have the courage to shut down their server for a much bigger project.

RonaldoR9 liked
ReplyQuote
Solomancer
(@solomancer)

It is also worth keeping in mind that combining things into 1 big server will paint a larger target on the back of said server for Activision/Blizzard.

Many if you are more familiar with the vanilla pserver scene than I, so it should come as no surprise that there are legal actions issues by Activision/Blizzard for this type of use of their product. 

I’m all for growing the player pop and base, but do keep in mind this will draw more attention and could lead to C&D letters (or more) legal response from Activision/Blizzard. 

Whack-a-mole can and does work, for a time. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Solomancer

ReplyQuote
RonaldoR9
(@ronaldor9)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

i dont think that is an issue. C&D letters wont force darrowshire to shutdown, its their choice in the end to shutdown or not. we shouldnt fear blizzard as they cant do anything. and they are busy right now with a new release. we should just focus on ourselves and how we can have the best vanilla experience. it doesnt depend only on the quality of a particular server but also on the vanilla playerbase. better to all be united in one large server. the best scenario is that darrowshire and hyjal and lightshope join teams and form a vanilla server that unite all vanilla players. and we shouldnt worry about blizzard all that much. they cant do anything. nobody here cares about them.

rsz-1rsz-1rsz-r9

ReplyQuote
kippy
(@kippy)

Merge with Hyjal or let me transfer my characters to Darrowshire! Both are pure vanilla wow

ReplyQuote
RonaldoR9
(@ronaldor9)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kippy

Merge with Hyjal or let me transfer my characters to Darrowshire! Both are pure vanilla wow

thats not what i meant by merge. i meant that both staff join together and work on one vanilla project.

rsz-1rsz-1rsz-r9

ReplyQuote
Share: