1. Code of Conduct
The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behaviour is expected of you and what behaviour you can expect from other users both in-game, the forum and on the public Darrowshire Discord. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behaviour.
While playing on Darrowshire, you will encounter a large number of users who share different experiences and come from different backgrounds. While certain language and images may not be offensive to you, consider the fact that the same language and images may have a completely different effect on someone else.
All users on Darrowshire must adhere to these rules. Violations will lead to the corresponding sanction on the player’s in-game, forum and / or Discord account.
2. Naming policy
When choosing a character name, creating a guild, or otherwise creating a label that can be seen by other users using the Game or the Discord, you must abide by the guidelines set forth here, as well as the rules of common decency.
You may not create a name or label related, referring, incorporates or utilizes any of the following:
- Religion, Politics, Organizations
- Nationality, Racism, Ethnics
- Harassment or Defamation
- Obscenity, Vulgarity, Insults
- Sexually explicit, Violence
- Hateful, Drugs, Unlawful
- Staff member or any staff oriented name
3. Interacting with players and Darrowshire staff
Communicating in-game with other users and staff members, whether by text or any other method, is a fundamental element of the Game. The following rules are not intended to be exhaustive. Darrowshire staff may use their discretion to decide what may break these rules.
When communicating with other users and staff, you may not:
- Communicate any unlawful, obscene, racist or any such language and/or imagery deemed inappropriate by Darrowshire.
- Circumvent the /ignore function to communicate with a user, regardless of circumstances.
- Disrupt any feature of the Game and/or any component thereof in a manner that is deemed negatively on other users, including but not limited to, sending junk mail, repeated unsolicited messages, sending advertisement and/or services for goods or services originating outside the Game.
- Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute discretion of Darrowshire staff, results or may result in a player being
“scammed” or defrauded out of currency or any other items the user has earned.
- Advertise or operate services in-game and/or on the Discord which in the sole discretion of Darrowshire staff is considered a casino and /or gambling.
- Send chat messages that has been modified to change the publicly shown color of the respective message.
- Impersonate any user, including without limitation any “game master” or any other Darrowshire staff member.
- Communicate, post and/or direct users to information regarding a user’s or staff member’s identity and/or personal information.
- Institute, assist, threaten, or become involved in an attack upon any Darrowshire service or any of its users in an attempt to disrupt the servers or experience of users.
- Lie to, or attempt to deceive Darrowshire staff.
- Use non-English language in public channels.
Darrowshire recognizes all play styles to be valid and a part of the game and not harassment. Killing players of your opposing faction, including camping players at spirit healers, corpses and/or gravestones, is considered a part of the game.
Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while:
- Exploiting a position that cannot be reached by basic jumping (no wall-climbing)
- Being in an advantageous position where an NPC cannot reach you due to pathing or some other game mechanic used as an unintended advantage
Being out of the aggro range or line of sight of an NPC is not safespotting except when pathing is exploited to shorten the required distance to aggro the NPC.
The following are situations which would be considering safespotting:
- Being on an object and in range of a guard that would attack you the moment you stepped off the object.
- Being on various interconnected platforms (rooftops, decks, walkways, etc.) with varied heights and connected pathing that reduces the distance you must be away from an NPC.
Using or exploiting errors in design, features, and/or bugs to gain access that is otherwise not available, to facilitate and/or grant you an advantage over other players.
Engaging players through various world terrain, such as roofs that is otherwise not accessible to gain an advantage.
Intentionally not participating in a battleground.
Players can interact in a variety of ways, not all of them constructive. You may encounter players that steal resource nodes, chests, items, lead monsters to other areas / cities and summon demons that raise havoc.
The staff of Darrowshire will not intervene in these situations as the community may take measures concerning these players. However, behaviour that is considered to be contrary to the essence of the Game will be considered a violation of this agreement.
Such behaviour is considered griefing which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Summoning demons at the initial starting zones of new players
- Intentionally killing or disabling important quest NPCs for an extended period of time
- Intentionally causing any of the four demons for Stave of the Ancients to despawn
- Intentionally causing The Cleaner to appear during The Balance of Light and Dark
- Intentionally interrupting or negatively influencing a raid group that is currently engaged in ANY world boss encounter on the PvP realm with same-faction characters.
World boss encounters are unique circumstances, and resolution will be determined at the discretion of the attending GM. For same faction on PVP & all raid groups on PVE – we strongly suggest a “first come, first serve” mentality when encountering world bosses.
Darrowshire staff will never ask for your account details or share any confidential information. For the safety of your account, never share any of your account information, such as email addresses, account names, or passwords. Especially not on suspicious websites claiming to give you anything ingame-related.
The both official Darrowshire domains are: https://darrowshire.com and https://accounts.darrowshire.com. Always doublecheck before entering your login credentials.
5.1 Account Security
The account owner is responsible for the security of the account and that it’s sufficiently protected. Note that Darrowshire does not recover hacked accounts!
By playing on our servers you as the owner of the account are obliged to:
- Never share your account information
- Have a unique and complicated password that does not exceed 16 characters
- Connect yourself from a secure computer and network
- Never download unsafe files that might contain viruses/malware
- Never use the same credentials (username and password) on another server or service.
5.2 Account sharing / trading
You may not purchase, sell, gift, share, lend, or trade any account. You may not offer to purchase, sell, gift, share, lend, or trade any account. Any such attempt can result in account suspension or closure.
The only exception to this is a guild bank. To be considered a Guild Bank no character on any server can be above level 5. If a guild chooses to create a shared bank it is at their own risk. No action to investigate, recover or punish anyone for removing any item from a shared guild bank will be taken by the Darrowshire staff. Sharing a guild bank is at your own risk.
5.3 Character / Currency / Item restoration
Darrowshire doesn’t restore deleted characters. Always rethink your consideration of deleting your character.
Game items such as experience, gold or equipment that you have lost through accident, very rare failure of the server, or otherwise, cannot be restored. There are two exceptions to this:
Unique quest items or keys can be restored with sufficient evidence that the player had previously obtained them.
Raid items with the rarity of Epic and above can be restored in the case of a server crash/roll-back, providing an Discord DM is sent to us which fulfills the conditions below:
- Exact date of the raid
- Video of complete encounter which also shows the raid ID, loot and complete list of raid members
- Name of the player who received or should have received the item.
Restoration of any item is always at the discretion of Darrowshires staff. Falsified information will lead to immediate account closure.
5.4 Cheating / Hacking
Darrowshire may suspend or close any account if you violate, or assist others in violating, the sections set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:
- Cheats / use methods to influence and/or facilitate the game-play, including exploits of any existing in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and /or any other user an advantage.
- Bot, including, but not limited to, any code, hardware and /or software that allows the automated control of the Game, or any feature or component thereof.
- Hack. Accessing or altering the Game code, memory, packet data, software and /or any component or feature thereof, which changes and /or facilitates the game-play.
- Electronic attacks; methods to block/delay connections, impede bandwidth, fragment packets and/or application or any such attempt to disrupt any of Darrowshires servers, network and /or service, or any feature or component thereof.
5.5 Trading virtual goods / services (Real money trading / RMT)
Darrowshire does not condone the trade of virtual goods or services appearing or originating from the Game, or any other attributes associated with an account or any component thereof for real money, or exchange those items, currencies or services for value outside of the Game.
Darrowshire staff reserves the right to close any account involved in such transaction.
Multiboxing is not allowed and refers to playing multiple characters simultaneously, regardless of whether this is done via 3rd party software, alt-tabbing between instances, or by running multiple machines.
The only exception is that you may have a character of the same faction in any non-hostile city with an Auction House parked near an auction house / mailbox. This may not be used to gain an advantage in PvP situations.
In situations where a player is found to have 3 or more instances active at any given time, the sanction can be increased up to a permanent ban at the discretion of Darrowshires staff.
For minor infringements, a warning is first given to inform a player about the rules and warn him about future sanctions. Warnings remain in the player’s record.
- AFK in BGs
- Extensive killing of important quest NPCs
- Player harassment (including same faction griefing with no in-game counter)
- Racist or offensive sentiments
- Using color changing scripts in-game
- Abuse of assistance system (Discord / Forum or in-game)
- Lack of respect towards the server or the staff members
- Casinos / Gambling
- Any attempt to bribe a staff member
- Non-English language in public channels
5.7.2 Mute or temporary account closure
This sanction can last anywhere from 3 hours to 30 days, depending on severity, and is given for repeated violation of the rules, or for any of the following:
- Lying to, or attempting to deceive Darrowshires staff
- Abuse of in-game bugs
- Organized killing for farming rank and/or honor
- Same faction / PvE server griefing on world bosses
- Tagging a world boss and having the other faction kill it for you.
5.7.3 Permanent Ban
The most serious sanction. This sanction is applied in case of multiple violations of the rules, or after multiple account interruptions, as well as any of the following:
- COD Scamming
- Using any means of botting (e.g. a program)
- Any client modification (libraries, executables, MPQ, etc.)
- Revealing the identity of a Darrowshire staff member
- Advertising for other private servers or gold selling websites
- Selling/Buying player names
- Exchanging accounts, gold, items, or any ingame services for another game’s features
- Selling/Buying accounts, gold, items, or any ingame services with real money
- Possession of any item(s) or currencies obtained with illegal methods
- Publishing software, methods or articles on cheating which can be applied on the server
- Abuse of major in-game bugs
- Staff impersonation
Darrowshire reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to increase a sanction, suspend or terminate your use of the account at any time, for any reason or for no reason, with or without prior notice to you.